Monday, September 28, 2009

Pre-season comes to an end.... Now it's SHOWTIME!

What's up world? I apologize for this post being a day late, but we had our last tournament of the preseason this weekend and I got back extremely late. I am dedicating this blog to the culmination of yet another tough preseason! A preseason that I am blessed to say I got through without any major injuries! Anyway it was a good week so let's jump right into it!
We started of the week sort of light due to the fact that we had just competed in another tournament the weekend before and we had 3 games coming up. As usual we worked ourselves into a nice pace by the end of the week though. We played on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday! We had a good week winning 2 out of 3 and grabbing one of those victories by more than 30 points! We made it to the championship game to play against Gravelines (A team who i think is very solid). It was a battle from start to finish! We ended up losing the game by 6 points, but we played well enough to win! I mean if a couple of calls would have gone our way, or if we could have made a couple more of our good looks, we could have came home with the big trophy! It's all good though because it is games like these that prepare you for the real thing. I already know that if faced with some of the situations we saw yesterday we will know how to handle them!
On a personal note, I am satisfied with my preseason. I have worked hard and learned a lot about my teammates! I think that I have a good feeling for how we need to play to win games and at my position that is very important! So with that said, PRESEASON IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!
In case you were wondering, J.J. Miller is ready for the season to begin! It is time to turn on the lights and battle for every win you can get! Competition at the highest level is what drives me and I am looking forward to it. So from here on out each week a portion of my blog will be dedicated to taking you inside the life of a baller while in season! I am considering doing video blogs the night before each game this season.... still thinking on that one though but maybe! I think it is going to be an exciting season and hopefully you will enjoy it too! First game of the season is against Vichy! This team is known for there defense and they have a few major players! It should be a good one, but they are coming to our house and we must protect our house!
Well take care, check out the pics, have a great week, and as always remember to EXCEED EXPECTATIONS!


No comments:

Post a Comment