Saturday, September 5, 2009

Preseason In Full Motion

Hello Everybody. I am extremely happy to be in the comfort of my own living room here in Le Havre! That's right, my internet is in full effect now, lol! This week felt long but I got through it. I really believe that I got better this week both on and off the floor. I worked hard, took care of business off the court, and had some funny experiences to tell you guys about.
The week started off with a funny story that I have to share with you guys. Last week, I mentioned that my car was by far the worst car that I have had in my career. I had planned on showing you pictures of it this week but unfortunately that will not be possible. You may be asking why? Well here is the answer:
A teammate of mine who's name I will keep private for the time being wanted me to help him out. He cannot drive a manual (stick shift) car. The vehicle that the team had for him was a stick shift and it was a big van. Now my car is a stick shift as well but not quite as big, and the clutch is a little easier to handle. He felt that it would be easier to drive my smaller car. Now since I am an excellent driver, lol, I decide to test out the van and give him a chance to use my car. If it worked out, I would bite the bullet and keep the van and let him have my car (I know I am such a nice guy haha). Now before we take off with the cars I ask him, Teammate are you sure you know how to drive this stick shift. He says, "Yeh man our other teammate let me drive his and it was easy." So off we go and we get about a quarter of a mile before he pulls to the side of the road to ask me a question. (unrelated) When we take back off I notice that my car, which he is driving, is overcome with smoke! I signal to him with my arms swaying from side to side STOP STOP!! He stops only to try to take off again and even more smoke comes from underneath the car. I get out of the van and walk to the car which smells like the engine is on fire and could explode at any minute! I was afraid that this could be a big deal. I get him out of the car and I get in to check things out. Well, wouldn't you know it. My fears were confirmed when I tried to put the car in gear! This young energetic fella which had gotten into the car with extreme confidence that he could handle it had burnt out the clutch! LOL I will be the first to say that the car had seen better days before he got in it, but he ended its days on the road in a hurry! Haaaa!! Now I am stuck with the van that you see below which has officially earned the nickname "The Tank"! That's right your heard it. As you can see it is definitely not easy on the eyes. It has the blackout spare tire look all around. It has tape holding the bumper and headlights in place. The mirror is hanging on for dear life and the inside could use some work to say the least. But I have to be honest and say that it is good on gas and runs pretty well, lol! It may be a keeper, Haaaaa!




Now i want to clear things up. The way this car looks is no indication of the professionalism of the STB Le Havre basketball club. The club has handled all our needs in a timely manner and have made our stay here really comfortable so far.
As for the basketball side of things, practice is run as good as any team that i have ever been apart of and we really get after it. This past week came in a stretch of the preseason where we do not have any friendly games. This means that we went pretty hard in the conditioning department! This is never a fun part of the game but it is necessary. We left practice a couple of days this week with our tongues hanging out of our mouth. We also got a few 3 a days in this week! When I look back on this week it was a good week of work. It is easier to say that now in hindsight, lol! As the captain of the team ( a position that I am honored to have) I feel good about the guys and the work ethic and chemistry that we possess early.
So after a tough week of practice, Monica and I got a chance to enjoy the city of Le Havre. In case i have not mention in previous blogs, we live on a beautiful beach with a great view! The weather was really nice this weekend and we got out and took some photos to share with you all. It felt good to get out with Monica and enjoy some downtime. We got a few laughs riding around in "The Tank", grabbed a bite to eat, and came back to listen to the big AGGIES vs. RAMS football game. I am an Aggie. She is a Ram. So you know that we were talking a little friendly smack. Of course, the AGGIES won! Aggie Pride!
Well, that is about it for this week's post. Tune in next week as we get back to preseason games. I am going back to my old stomping grounds next week to play the team from Paris, a team that I used to play for and am looking forward to facing. I hope you enjoy the beautiful pictures of Le Havre. Have a great week, let someone know how much they mean to you, and as always EXCEED EXPECTATIONS!











No comments:

Post a Comment