Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thrill of Victory

What's up everybody? It seems like a longtime since my last blog. Last week we were on the road, and I had some other things to handle and I just could not find the time to post. Sorry! Well Well as I type this, I am laying in the bed getting some well deserved R&R! We had a tough week on the basketball court that was well worth it. So let's jump right in to another week in the life of JJ Miller.
Well if you have been following the blog, you know that we have been struggling on the court over the last few weeks! So much so that the management decided to make a couple of changes! Over the last 2 weeks we have been under-manned as well as inconsisistent. We have had to incorporate different players in different positions to try to find a group that works. I am happy to say that I think we have found a good addition to our team in Bernard King! B.K. is a friend of mine who happens to be a very talented basketball player. We are both represented by Higher Vision Sports AMG which means that we are "Ballers" (lol). Anyway, he has been here for a week, and the team has had the chance to practice together and get comfortable. We have already reaped the benefits of the new player, attitude, and focus! Last night we got a much needed home win that keeps us in the playoff hunt! It was also a good win for our confidence as we won by 20+ points! The thrill of victory feels awesome after not experiencing it for a few weeks! All the guys seem to be looking forward to practice next week. We need to use this game to get us started on a win streak!
As for life outside of basketball, I cannot complain! Monica and I have been enjoying our time as much as possible. I must admit that I have been busy with the season and Monica has been busy with her classwork. I am also gearing up for a great summer of charity! My Driven Perfection Youth foundation is going to do some big things this summer and preparation will begin in the coming weeks!
In the meantime, I am just balling hard, loving life, and trying as always to EXCEED EXPECTATIONS! I hope this week will be a great week for you, your family, and your friends! All the best from Le Havre, France!

No comments:

Post a Comment