Sunday, February 14, 2010

To Grateful To Complain

Hello everybody! I hope that as you read this week's post you are in good health and spirits. I just finished watching TD Jakes on the Potter's House weekly service, and it was great! I am feeling really inspired and motivated. Before I go into this week's events, I want to wish my beautiful wife a Happy Valentine's Day!! I Love You Monica! I also hope all the other ladies of the world get what they want and deserve on your holiday! I say your holiday because I am completely convinced that women invented Valentine's Day, lol! I have some things that I am compelled to speak on today, other than just basketball, so let's get right into another episode of Exceeding Expectations!
First, basketball is a continued pursuit of improvement for our team. We have had some success in the past weeks and I have to admit that we have been working really hard. This week was no different in our preparation for a big game on the road against a good team. Monday through Thursday we went at it. I felt good going into the game and confident that we could steal one on the road. Unfortunately, this was not the case. Our effort was there but we made to many minor mistakes to get a win on the road! Not only did we lose the game, but we also lost a valuable opportunity to move up the rankings! This is disappointing, but it's not the time to feel sorry for ourselves! Crying over spilled milk only makes things worse for us. As the captain of this team, I told the guys to keep their eyes on the prize! We have been working well and improving and we can still achieve the goals that we set for ourselves at the beginning of the season!
As for life outside of basketball, this month is a great month for my wife! I say that because her birthday falls less than a week after Valentine's day! This means that she gets pampered by her man! Anybody who knows me knows that I take care of my loved ones. I had a dozen of her favorite flowers sent to the house along with some balloons and chocolates for Valentine's day. She was extremely appreciative and I hope that this gets me some brownie points to be used later if necessary, lol. Her birthday is this Friday coming up and I have a gift in mind that I think will make her day! Obviously I can't spoil the surprise now but just know that it is going to be something pretty cool.
Now this week's game was played on Friday instead of Saturday so it gave me an extra day for the weekend. I took full advantage of this by relaxing and thinking! While chilling at home I began to think about how good God has been to me! Thinking back over my life, not only where God has brought me from but what he has brought me through, a sense of gratefullness overtook me! In the midst of this revelation, I could not help but notice how easy it is for us to complain! Even when God answers our prayers we sometimes still moan and groan about our circumstances even though those circumstances are directly related to God's blessings! Even I can recall days that I have complained about having to do something related to basketball. I have to step back and remind myself that I prayed to God to bless me to be a professional basketball player! He answered my prayers! How can I complain about trivial things that come along with that blessing when there are so many people that want to recieve the very blessing that God gave me?? I can't, I shouldn't, and I won't. Instead I am going to praise God for everything that he has done, is doing, and will do in my life! I know that this is not easy. However, I think that if we can make a conscious effort to try; it may actually be possible. I also believe that God rewards us for these efforts. I am living proof that God answers prayers, but we have to be careful what we ask for and what comes along with it! "To whom much is given, much is required" This may mean sacrifice, hard work, patience, etc. You may even have to go at it alone! If you really want your prayers to be answered, then when God does so, you should be prepared to be thankful at all times! God never promised us that things would be perfect all the time, but he did say that he would be with us all the time! With all that he has given me and all that he is going to give me, the least I can do is be Grateful all the time!
I may have gotten a little off track in this week's blog, but it was on my heart to let it be known that I am "To Grateful To Complain" lol.
Before I go, I do want to let my Uncle Jimmy and his family know that you guys are in my thoughts and prayers! I miss you all very much and I am sure that everything will be fine! God is an amazing God!
Well I am off now to wash some dishes, fold some clothes, and get ready for another week of hard work! I am ready to get better. I hope that everyone reading this has the same enthusiasm about the week as I do! I plan on EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS this week and I encourage you to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment