Sunday, April 11, 2010

Backs Against The Walls!

Depending on where you are in the world when you read this Good Morning/Good Afternoon. It is a beautiful day in Le Havre, France. The sun is out and the temperature is nice. I am relaxing after yet another tough loss! Yes that's right, we are still weathering the storm over here. Our team is fighting hard and we seem to be improving, but it just seems like one thing happens after another! Just when I think that we are about to snap out of this losing streak, we fall short yet again. Last night we played my former team from Paris. We started the game out pretty good, but before we knew it we found ourselves on the bad end of a couple of questionable foul calls! We already had one big guy out due to injury, and now our other big guys were in foul trouble before halftime! I wish I could blame everything on the referees but that is not the case! I have to hand it to the team from Paris, they really did a good job of executing and forcing us into turnovers! The end result was very discouraging because we have been working hard and improving over the last 3 weeks! Now our BACKS ARE AGAINST THE WALLS! We have a do or die game next week against our somewhat local rivals! We are in a position now where we have to beat this team in order to secure our place in the top league in France! This is a big deal! I do have confidence that we can get this win! Despite our performance last night, we have been doing some good things over the past few weeks and I am sure that we can taste victory once again.
This is new territory for me. I have been trying to embrace the challenges that have been presented to me over the past few months. I really believe that I am growing through all of this, both as a player and a man!
As for life outside of basketball, things are pretty good! We have only a month left in the season and I have to be honest when I say that I can't wait to get home! Monica is already there waiting for me and I am looking forward to being able to spend some time with her! I think Prince is missing me as well, and it will be good to play with him again! I also can't wait to see my mom, lol! That's right, I am a Momma's boy! The summer is probably the greatest time of year for me to just have fun and relax! The weather is great and that is always a good thing! My plans for the Driven Perfection Youth Foundation summer events are coming along well and are right on schedule! So all that is left to do is to focus on getting wins and finishing the season strong. Tomorrow is the beginning of another practice week in which I will have the opportunity to EXCEED EXPECTATIONS! I plan on doing just that, and I hope that you will do the same! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment