Sunday, April 18, 2010

Victory Tastes So Sweet!

Hello everybody! I am sitting here in a very good mood as I type this week's post! As you can probably tell by the title, We got a win this week! This was huge for us and everyone who follows this blog knows why, lol! I also had a great week away from basketball as I will discuss later. So let's get into another week of Exceeding Expectations!
Coming into this week we were faced with a must win game vs. Rouen! Unfortunately, this game was key for our survival in the top league. Rouen has been playing some good ball lately. I knew that it was going to be tough to go into their place and get a win! This proved to be exactly how the game was won! We had to tough it out for not just 40 minutes but for 50 minutes. Thats right, 2 overtimes! Neither team wanted to give in, but in the end Le Havre came out on top! After so many weeks of hardwork and comittment we were still falling short game after game. However, last night we finally got a much deserved win, and VICTORY TASTES SO SWEET! We have 3 games left in the season and I believe that we can win all 3! I will admit that this season has not been what I anticipated, but to end it on a good note would be great!
As for life outside of basketball, I had my extended european family come to visit me this weekend. Diane and Mark Saelens are from Belgium where I played last year. Our friendship has really grown every since the day we met! This couple has to be 2 of the nicest people I have ever met! They drove 4 hours to support at the game last night! They also brought some good luck with them for us to get the win, lol! They also prepared dinner for me last night as well as today and left me with enough food to last for some time! I also must admit that waking up to fresh coffee and breakfast this morning was awesome! Oh, I failed to mention that they were kind enough to take boxes full of my things back to Belgium with them so that I would not have to send them back to the United States! Now they will be waiting for me when I decide where I want to play in Europe next year! All these things are great, but their company is what I cherished the most about their visit! My wife has been home for some time now and it can get lonely out here. It really did me good to be able to hang out with friends away from the basketball court! Mark and Diane, if you are reading this I am truly grateful to have friends like you!
As for life in France, everything is everything. The weather is continuing to get better and better. I must say that the closer the season gets to the end the more I am ready to get home, lol! The sunny weather is a gift and a curse. I mean beautiful days are awesome, but they seem to make think about all the things I could be doing at home! I will be here for about 1 more month. It seems as if this season has gone by really fast. Maybe I shouldnt say this but I hope this last month does the same! I am ready to see family and do some yardwork (I know that sounds silly)!
Well thats all for this week! Thanks for checking out another episode of my life! I am about to call my mother and watch the NBA playoffs! I hope everyone has a great week and as always EXCEED EXPECTATIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment