Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tough week at the Office

Well, I sit here typing this week's post on a rainy and gloomy Sunday which just happens to be a fitting setting for the way this week went. This past week seemed to be a little bit of a struggle in every phase of my life (professional, personal, and miscellaneous). But even in the midst of a cloudy week the sun found a way to peek out from time to time. So let's take a look at another episode of the Life of JJ Miller.
The basketball week started tough. We ran a lot in the beginning of the week, and practice was a bit more demanding than normal. I think it was because we had just come off an emotional 1 point road victory, and our coaching staff did not want us to get complacent. We were not fluent at all. The more the week progressed the more I felt that we needed to pick it up if we were going to get a win. Personally, I just could not get it going the way I wanted it to go all week. My effort was there but I just could not get the results! Sometimes that's just the way it goes. Unfortunately, we played the way we practiced or maybe I should say that I played the way I practiced! We dropped a crucial home game and now we have to make it up on the road! This will not be an easy task because we play a tough team led by Rasheed Wright! Rasheed is my work out partner during the summer so I know first hand that he can be a problem for us! Bad news for them, is that I am very hungry to get back in my zone, and I plan on getting there this week!!
As for the rest of the week, it really played out just like the basketball side of things. I seemed to have one of those weeks where everything was a little off. I think the main thing that played a negative role in the week was the fact that I did not get to read THE WORD (Bible) like I normally do. I am not sure if it was because of a shortage of time or just because I subconsciously chose not to do so. Whatever the reason, I will try my best not to make that mistake again. The good thing about a week like this one is that I had a chance to learn from the struggle! Wifey and I are a bit closer after having a little spat (one that I was right about as usual), lol! If you are reading this sweetheart I LOVE YOU...HAHA! Anyway, I realize that this week was necessary for growth and I am glad to have experienced it.
Despite the somewhat dismal week, there were some bright spots! Our friends from Belgium came to visit us and we have been having a great time together! We decided to get some Mexican food tonight, which is kind of funny. It was 2 Americans and 2 Belgians eating Mexican food in France, lol! We were at the table eating and enjoying great conversation when I was approached for an autograph! Luckily our friends did not mind because they are familiar with it. They are supporters of my previous club in Belgium! Mark and Diane if you are reading this Thanks for everything! You guys are awesome.
So as I close this week's post, I have to say that I am doing it with some relief to have made it through. I am eager to get next week started so that I can push myself to get better in every aspect of my life. One of my teammates mentioned to me today, "it is not what happens to you that matters, but how you respond to it!" Well I plan on making the most of my response! Take care, have a great week, and as always EXCEED EXPECTATIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment