Sunday, June 7, 2009

Another Completed Chapter

OK, it is not Friday but I am a week behind. So here is a midweek posting that will probably not happen too often. I have been home for almost 2 weeks now. The first week being home has been a complete blur. So many things to do and people to see. For some reason, I try to cram everything into the first three days. Day #1 see family; Day # 2 shopping; Day #3 housework. Needless to say it never plays out that way.
Family has been great. Saw my mother as well as my 2 older twin brothers Jermel and Jermaine. They have not changed at all and they are still treating me like the baby of the family!!! I also kicked it with my in-laws who took it upon themselves to stay with us for our first weekend back! We really enjoyed them so it was no problem at all. Unfortunately, my mom has been ill so i had to rush her to the doctor the day after I landed in Raleigh!! We managed to get things under control but we are not out of the water yet with that situation (more to come). Monica and I also took our nieces and nephews to eat some Japanese food! This was so hilarious!! The chef was doing his normal tricks and my nephew Jalen was switching back and forth from being interested to frightened every 2 minutes, lol. During this whole time of ripping and running, shaking and baking, Monica tells me that the baby did not want to be left out, so He or she seemed to take cue from us and has been moving around in mommy's belly like crazy! This has gotten me really excited, even though I can't feel a thing!! Finally, I've had a chance to settle down and put the past season in Leuven in perspective.
I have to be honest. I am happy with the way the season went both on and off the floor. For those of you who are not familiar with Basket Groot Leuven and what was accomplished this year, here is a little rundown. We made the playoffs for the first time in the team's history, and we did it in somewhat of a dramatic fashion. We beat one of the leagues more prominent teams (especially $budget$ wise) in the last game of the regular season. We clinched a playoff birth and sent them packing (or as we say "fishing")! I played a vital role in our team's success.I was extremely happy to receive BGL MVP! It was a very gratifying experience to say the least, because I really worked so hard to achieve the goals that i set for myself and that the club set for the team. I recall speaking with the GM back in August and Tony said, "The reason that we signed you was so that Leuven could get in the playoffs." I looked him square in the face and said "ok no problem." I will be honest. It was not easy. We had some ups and downs, but I stayed with it and so did my teammates! It felt great to shake his hand after the last regular season game and say "Mission Accomplished." As for the off the court aspect of Leuven, it was absolutely great. I must say that the BGL fans are some of the best fans that I have ever experienced. It was awesome to play in front of them night in and night out! Monica and I were able to build some wonderful relationships with friends that we will always be in contact with! I am actually looking forward to spending time in Spain with a couple that I consider to be my extended family :)
So as I look back on the 2008-2009 season, I have to say that it was a great experience that has allowed me to grow into an even better person and player. At this point, I don't know exactly where i will be next year, but I want to Thank BGL for setting the bar pretty high!!
Thanks a lot for checking out the blog and always remember to EXCEED EXPECTATIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment