Saturday, June 20, 2009

Business As Usual

Hello everybody,
I hope everyone had an excellent week! As I sit here watching re-run episodes of the Cosby Show, I must say that it was a great week. I finally got back into my summer groove and my schedule is now manageable. I finally got a full week of workouts in and I already feel that next season is going to be better than the last! Now it is time to push the bar!!
You know I really love weeks like this week because I had some time to actually enjoy life! So many times we let the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives rob us of the simple joys that we are all blessed with! I mean I was on the golf course and the sun was setting on what had been an unbelievably nice day and I saw 8 dear all around the green of the 9th hole. Normally, this is not a big deal because growing up in Chinquapin NC means that you practically live with deer, lol. But I teed up my ball and went to line up for my target when I saw Rudolph and the gang looking absolutely perfect in the setting sun beams. It was an amazing sight to see.
Oh yeh, and let me clarify one thing. By know means am I a golfer, lol! I actually like to say that I go hit some golf balls instead of saying that I play. However, I am getting better!!(Willie, Nyk, Ken, & Rodney) I was able to get on the course twice this week!
I have to take a little time to say congratulations to my good friend Marque Carrington who got married today! The wedding was absolutely beautiful! I think Que was crying but I don't want to put him on blast, lol!! Now when talking about weddings you must know that they are almost always preceded by the bachelor party!! You know, the last night for the soon to be husband to have a good time with his homeboys! I am happy to say that me and some of my college teammates and buddies got together last night. We had a blast to say the least! Shout out to Marque, Shaun, Torrie, Jermaine, Jeremy, Tarrell, & everybody else that helped us enjoy a great night!
Well that's about it for this week. The family is doing well and life is good in the hood! If there is one thing that I have attained from this week, it's that taken time to smell the flowers makes the trip a lot better! I am signing off, and as always I want you to Exceed Expectations. But remember to keep your eyes open so that you can enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment