Saturday, June 27, 2009

Transition from fitting in to STANDING out...

What's up world? I hope everyone had a blessed, happy, and productive week. I'm posting this week's blog from the 19th floor of the luxurious & lavish Pfister Hotel overlooking Lake Michigan! It is one of the most beautiful views that you can wake up to! Now if you caught last week's blog, you know that is was a slow week full of relaxation. I actually took some time to smell the flowers. However, those who know me already knew that this week would be a lot different, lol! This week was great! It was full of work, play, philanthropy, and love! So here we go.
As usual my basketball workouts were in full effect! My days began @ 5:30 am because i have so much that I want to get done. I cannot let my gym, weight room, or cardio work slip at all. I make sure that I get that in first. I am a believer that some people dream of success... while others wake up and work hard at it! Basketball is how I get paid! It is how i provide for my family and how we live the life that we do. I thank God everyday for allowing me to do that! Workouts lasted for about 4 1/2 hours! I am talking about sweat, pain, and exhaustion to the fullest! I really broke my body down this week, but don't worry a diamond is being formed!
One of the best things about working out in the morning, is that you get the rest of your day to do the things that mean so much to you. For me this is spending time with my loved ones. I got the opportunity to do that this week. My wife, Monica and I were able to do lunch together several times this week! I know that i see her everyday, but it is wonderful to be able to spend time together in a different setting than what we are accustomed to. I really tip my hat to pregnant women, especially my wife. Her body and her emotions are going through a lot of changes. I have noticed this because of our time spent in other places than our house. I mean something as simple as a 15 minute drive to a restaurant has open my eyes to a lot! First, a few weeks ago my wife didn't even have the energy to leave the house, so taking her out to lunch was great! Her walk is a little slower, her attention to detail has increased, and her appetite.... well let's just say she's eating for 2, lol (luv ya baby). So with her changes, come my adjustments. I am helping her down the steps and into the car. I find myself driving slower and being aware of everything that's happening on the highway! We went to routine doctors visit this week. Normally this is a 12-15 minute drive, but it's now a 30 minute trip! Monica's stomach is getting rounder! I don't think she realizes how great she looks! I may be the only one that can see the glow, but it is definitely there! Our little man is doing good! He is moving a lot and growing in the womb just as he is suppose to!
For this reason, I am really stepping up my entrepreneurial game. Life after basketball should be a lot more comfortable. I spent all day Tuesday doing work on my second residence. Mostly cleaning it out! If this sounds easy, you must be listening wrong, lol! There were so many things that i threw out that I should have never been keeping anyway! This was an all day job that my nephew Daryl gladly helped me with (thanks buddy)! I guess work comes easy when getting overpaid! I am just kidding D. You did an awesome job. Nevertheless we got it done and now only minor details are needed. It will be a nice place for someone to call home.
My philanthropic efforts have been in full effect as well. The JJ Miller Community Fun Day is less than a month away! I am excited and I hope that everyone comes out and enjoys the festivities. If you have not heard about it, here is the plug http://www.jj-miller.net/Events.html If you cannot make it, we are excepting donations!
Speaking of Fun, I am in Milwaukee right now having a blast!! My agent flew his clients out for a few days to workout, go over contracts, and enjoy each others company. After a long season, it is always good to get away with the guys! It has been nothing less that spectacular! I am talking about big time ballers doing some big time ballin!!! We have been VIP everywhere from the Hotel, to Harbor Cruises on Lake Michigan, to shutting down a whole floor to go jewelry shopping! I got wifey something very lovely (good looking out HG). The nightlife has also been cool. Those who know me know that I don't get out to the clubs very often. However, these have been classy spots where VIP status allows us to chill! The weekend would not have been complete, without getting some of the best basketball players in the world in the gym together! So of course we mixed it up for a couple of hours! The games started off friendly but before we knew it the competitive drives came into play! You already know how I was getting down, lol! But let me be clear, Higher Vision Sports Agency represents the cream of the crop in international basketball! I am talking about Marcus Brown, Mire Chatman, Desmond Mallet, Dewarrick Spencer, Bernard King, J.R. Bremer, Willie Deane, and of course J.J. Miller just to name a few! Real talk, HVM sports is more than just an agency. It is a family and I truly believe that's why we are so successful! I really feel like I am at a time in my life, where the highest level is within reach. It is time to not just be among the best, but to be the best! Sort of like, transitioning from fitting in to standing out! God willing this will come to be. So as you can see, it was a great week full of what my life is all about.
Before I go, I want to congratulate my homeboy Rasheed Wright for winning a french championship. That is huge homie and it is something that no one can take from you. Enjoy it because you deserve!! Last, I just want to say R.I.P Michael Jackson. The greatest entertainer that I have ever seen died this week at the age of 50. You will be missed but never forgotten!
As always i hope you enjoyed the blog, pictures are coming soon, and please remember to EXCEED EXPECTATIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment