Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy July 4th!!


Well, once again I hope all is well with everyone. I am in front of my computer typing away on the night before the July 4th's holiday celebrations begin. I must be honest I am not a big fan of the holiday. However, I do like the fireworks display that goes on here in Rolesville(absolutely awesome)!! Yet another week has flown by and I must say that I am really enjoying life! Here are this past week's events. They are not in any real order, lol.
Basketball this week was pretty sweet. My workouts are as strong as ever. I had a chance to get some actual on court time under the whistle! This is what we call it when we play a game that is officiated. My jumper is coming back to form and getting better. I am still not in game shape, but that is going to come as the days go by. I am officially home from now until i return to Europe so working out everyday will not be a problem! I actually took it back to the oldschool days, and worked on my ball handling in the hot sun on the concrete driveway in front of my house! It was scorching outside!!! I am uploading pictures for the pro ballers out there that may need proof, lol! I am extremely hungry to be the best. I must admit it was refreshing to take it back to my younger days. I remember playing basketball all day long outside in the heat! That's where i got better then and it can also help me get better now! The Greater NC Pro-Am started this week and my team had our first game. We won and it felt good to get some run against other quality players! If you are in the Raleigh- Durham area, I really recommend that you check it out. There are some real ballers out there from the NBA, Europe, College and even high school levels who are showcasing their skills. You can check the website at www.ncproam.com for rosters, schedules and more. If for no other reason, I am playing and I plan on going hard every time I touch the floor! It will be good to see.



As for life outside of basketball, things have been smooth this week. Like i said earlier, the Millers are enjoying life. We ate breakfast at Brigs this morning. This place has arguably the best breakfast in NC! That's right!! I said it, lol (pictures included)! I know i look like a small guy, but I can put those eggs, grits, sausage, and pancakes away with the best of them, lol!! Monica is eating for 2 now so I will not put her on blast! Oops!

Speaking of eating for 2, little man is doing great. He is growing and moving inside of mommy more and more everyday. We actually went to register for gifts at Babies R Us and Target. Family,friends and even strangers are all welcome to get us something haha! It was not as bad as I expected it to be. I mean, yeh, Monica was telling me what to do the whole time and I had absolutely no say so on what to scan, but it was cool to be present (i think)! I did not know that babies needed so many things! I was a bit overwhelmed with the thought that goes into what should be purchased and what shouldn't be purchased when it comes to newborns! There are so many different types of pacifiers, breast feeding material, bouncy pillows, monitors, milk warmers, etc.... As you can tell, I am still a bit beside myself! Nevertheless, I am as excited and eager to learn as day one and that my friends is a great thing.Before i let you all get back to your busy lives, I just want to plug the Community Fun Day! We are in the final stages of completing everything and I think that it is going to be an awesome event. The event is going to be at the Duplin County Events Center in Kenansville, NC from 11am to 3pm. It is a free event! All rides, games, prizes, and material will be supplied at no cost to the public. Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Drinks, and other refreshments will be sold to raise money for the Driven Perfection Youth Foundation! 100% of all proceeds will be donated directly back to the youth through positive programs in the area!
As always I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday! Everyday seems to go by faster than the last so take advantage of now! I implore everyone to do all that you can do to EXCEED EXPECTATIONS! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment